Person Centred Healthcare Training
Training in HIQA Thematic Inspections in Dementia Care
New revised HIQA Standards place a stronger focus on quality of life and a person-centred approach to care for all residents – including residents with dementia. The HIQA Standards, covering eight separate themes provide a framework for providers for the continuous development of person centred, safe and effective residential services.
Meet Our Team
PCHT provide dementia care training, courses and dementia training consultancy in Ireland and the UK for all staff working in dementia care. All our CPD accredited training in dementia is led by experienced specialist Registered Nurses with extensive experience in a range of care settings. Accredited by the Irish Nursing & Midwifery Board (An Bord Altranais) our dementia training programmes are experiential; focused on person-centred care for people with dementia.
PCHT is led by Jackie O’Toole who is a qualified RPN with a Masters in Dementia Care from the university of Surrey.
Jenny has a background in social and community work at home and abroad. She has had a long term interest in elder care.
Putting Person First
- PCHT’s mission is to provide real person centred, practical and research-based training to the Irish health care sector.
- Our training programmes are firmly based in the ethos of meeting a fundamental human need: to make real connections with people.
- We are committed to improving the lives of older people receiving nursing & social care. To achieve this, we provide the staff who care for them with an experiential and enjoyable learning experience which they can easily apply to their work.
- We are proud of our ability to impart the skills and knowledge needed to promote understanding – so that people receiving professional care can benefit from a thoughtful, empathic and validating approach.
- We judge our success through our ability to promote deep understanding of the needs of older people. Our tutors demonstrate a person centred approach to all, providing clients and participants with opportunity to examine how best to achieve meaningful relationships with the people in their care.
- Our person centred service extends beyond the training room. Clients and participants attending our courses have access to our online resources and to tutor e-mail afterwards, to ensure learning needs have been met.
Recent News in Dementia
The NHS in England have announced that their family doctors are to be paid up to €70 for each patient they diagnose with dementia.